Business Development Manager
Closing date for applications: 28 March 2017
We are looking for a Business Development Executive/Manager to be responsible for development and partnering of key lead sources to drive leads to our dynamic Direct Sales Team. Key lead sources includes feeder schools (APD-academic partnership development), Sponsors or other B2B lead sources) in North America.
It is likely you will be home based (Boston or New York - other business hubs considered), as you will be travelling extensively in North America. You will report into Singapore.
- Responsible for identifying, development of key lead sources in assigned territory and deliver high conversion non-digital leads to Direct Sales team
- Representing Study Group to engage and manage relationship with the lead sources
- To achieve all sales KPIs assigned by management (MOUs, Leads, Arrived NSEs or as appropriate
Key Lead Source Development includes but not limited to the following:
- Rejuvenate and Recruit new APDs and sign MOUs for leads
- APD coverage.
- Onshore non-digital activities – University brand led events, student recruitment fairs, employment fairs
- Onshore digital activities - community development working with digital marketing.
- ODs/Embassy/Non-Embassy English schools.
- Identify and build new business development activities via geographical expansion
- Lead sources as defined by Head of Business Development as required to grow the Direct business
- Conduct territory planning and execution of all Business Development Initiatives
- Enter all leads generated into Salesforce (CRM system)
- Promote highest levels of team response and customer service
- Understand market trends and proactively identify challenges and opportunities that may aid marketing efforts
- Assist in market data collection and analysis
- Provide weekly/monthly reports as requested by management.
Qualifications & Training
- Tertiary educated (preferably in Business and/or Marketing)
- Fluency in English and local language skills is preferred
- Experience of using SalesForce or other Customer Relationship Management systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Words.
- Sales driven and results-orientated
- Proven track-record in exceeding direct sales targets, preferably from Higher Education industries
- Experience in building corporate business relationship
- Experience of selling a complex and diversified portfolio to enterprise customer
- Knowledge and experience of the education industry in North America
- Highly IT literate.
- Customer-service orientated, enthusiastic approach
- Sensitivity to cultural and linguistic differences
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and targets
- An ability to work in high pressure environments
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong communicator
- An innovator
- A strong people motivator
- Output focussed
To apply, please respond directly to this LinkedIn advert.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the US. You can insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment