Closing date for applications: 26 February 2017
We are seeking an HR Administrator to support the HR Operations team in the management of recruitment compliance and HR transactional processing.
Occasional travel to Brighton required.
- Answer queries from managers and staff on recruitment matters
- Carry out pre-employment checks and maintain record of DBS checks for new staff
- Prepare and issue job offer letters and starter packs for new employees
- Upload jobs to the website for vacancies
- Assist the HR Department with appropriate administration duties, such as photocopying and filing as and when required
- Enter/check data as required into the HR system, ensuring that all data is input and correct in time for appropriate deadlines
- Ensure principles of CGL’s equal opportunities and diversity policies are adhered to
- Ensure confidentiality of personal data is maintained
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
- Undertake all other duties as required commensurate with the post.
Qualifications and Training
Experience of using MS office suite to produce letters, record data
- Previous experience of working in HR Environment
- Administration experience
- Experience of working with databases
Knowledge and Skills
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain robust reporting systems
- The ability to respond to appropriate requests for assistance, maintaining confidentiality whenever necessary
- Ability to communicate with clients and people at all internal levels of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent level of written and oral skills
- Excellent organisational skills in a pressurised environment
- Ability to prioritise effectively and escalate issues where appropriate
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to work
- Excellent attention to detail.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send CV, Covering letter and completed application form to Ian Stocker, HR Operations Manager.
Application deadline: Sunday 26th February.