EAP/ESOL Tutor – Sessional Hours
Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017
Contract Type: Sessional
Start Date: September
Salary: £32,000 pro rata
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a number of EAP/ESOL Tutors to join the Study Group organisation, working from our brand new International Study centre. The right candidate should be an enthusiastic, organised, and committed tutor, with exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a truly transformational learning experience to international students.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we introduce a new centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Schedule, prepare and deliver AES classes according to the module syllabus and description provided and as agreed with the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Keep accurate records of classes delivered and materials used
- Work to ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms, keep accurate records of these and report issues of student absence and persistent lateness swiftly to the Professional Services Coordinator.
- Adhere to ISC guidelines in relation to student discipline and the encouragement of good study habits.
- Set, collect, mark and return homework and assessed course work within set timeframes
- Maintain up to date records of student homework marks and test scores, and maintain the student progress files for students in your classes.
- Inspire the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments, provide them with the tools to achieve this and give comprehensive and constructive feedback to students on course and class work.
- Contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students, as well as those progress reports occasionally required by student sponsors
- Contribute to the bank of materials created to support delivery of the EAP programmes, and maintain the order and condition of existing materials.
- Assist with exams, assessments, placement tests and the distribution of module evaluation questionnaires as required by the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Report to the Head of Curriculum and Progression any problems encountered in carrying out the above responsibilities.
- Work within the AES team to actively encourage the effective delivery of all of the above in part-time hourly paid and temporary staff.
Qualifications and Training
- Postgraduate Degree (Desirable)
- Recognised EFL Teaching qualification.
- Relevant teaching to Academic English/preparation for study
- Relevant teaching in a Higher Education setting (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching a variety of International Students.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
If you are interested in applying then please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application deadline 12pm Friday 25th August.