ACPE 2012 Olympians
06 August 2012
Six ACPE students compete at the London 2012 Olympic Games
We are now 10 days into the London 2012 Olympic Games, which have been a fantastic success so far. Olympic fever has taken hold worldwide, including on the campus at the Australian College of Physical Education where six students (five current and one graduate) are wearing the green and gold for Australia.
The achievements of these students are testament to the success of ACPE’s elite athlete program, which assists top athletes to balance their sporting careers with their academic aspirations.
ACPE’s 2012 Olympians:
- Beki Lee (Bachelor of Sports Business) – Athletics - 20km Walk (pictured)
- Jayden Hadler (Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration) – Swimming
- James Magnussen (Bachelor of Sports Business) - Swimming
UPDATE: James has now won a silver in the Men's 100 m Freestyle Final and bronze in the Men's 4 x 100 m Medley Relay Final
- Safwan Khalil (Bachelor of Health and Movement) – Taekwondo
- Tobias Lister (2003 graduate in Bachelor of Physical Education) - Rowing
- Simone Kennedy (Bachelor of Sports Coaching & Administration) - Cycling
Visit the ACPE Olympic page acpe.edu.au to read the profiles on each of these students and their latest news. You can also post messages of support for the athletes on the ACPE Facebook webpage*.
We wish all of the ACPE students the best of luck in their quest for gold!
*You will need to be signed into a Facebook account in order to post a message.
Back to all articles