UK Operations Manager
Closing date for applications: 2 December 2016
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager who can be a strong deputy to the Director of Central Operations. The freedom of not having direct line reports as such which will allow you to be flexible enough to turn your hand to whichever area could benefit from your expertise at any one time. These include Admissions, Visa Compliance, Accommodation & Arrivals, Operational Support Services and Project Management.
Coming from an Education or Shared Services background, you will be an unflappable, expert problem solver with the gravitas to represent Study Group at meetings with external stakeholders (for example, regulatory or regulatory quality assurance bodies).
Act as deputy for the Operations Director and owning delegated duties as required:
- Represent the Operations function as a main point of contact as required, interfacing with a wide range of internal stakeholders in order to ensure business success
- Manage day to day issues that arise from the Central Operations teams – including cross functional query resolution
- Manage queries that arise from the sales network – including finding solutions to admissions and accommodation related issues to enable the placement of students
- Manage queries from the International Study Centre and Bellerbys networks on operations related matters - including issues arising from key suppliers and partners
- Offer support in people management related duties – including management of annual leave and developmental activities
- Offer administrative support in preparation of presentation materials and capturing key actions from inter-departmental meetings.
In collaboration with the Operations Director manage the continuous improvement pipeline for the Central Operations Team and the wider Study Group network:
- Identify of required improvement initiatives related to Operations, and developing business cases for change for approval
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop robust process improvements and project plans
- Project manage specific improvement initiatives through to completion
- Compile lessons learnt and other post completion documentation.
Support the wider Study Group network in business development, improvement and compliance initiatives as required:
- Contribute to business development documentation, such as tender submissions and renewals
- Own and manage operational readiness activities as part of wider (group) areas of work
- Assist the Academic Quality Assurance function (ISC network) particularly within the preparation for QAA reviews (and representing Central Operations in QAA reviews as required)
- Assist the UK HE safeguarding team by owning operations related actions in relation to student welfare
- Collaborate with UK Health & Safety team to ensure the safe environments for staff and students, including support with audit and inspection activity as required.
- Charismatic leader, able to motivate a diverse team
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Flexible and resourceful
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Innovative thinker, ability to overcome obstacles and develop business solution
- Calm under pressure
- Pragmatic and able to negotiate with a range of key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to degree standard, or proven equivalent industry experience
- Six Sigma or equivalent (desirable)
- Prince 2 or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven experience within an education operations environment in a managerial/leadership position
- Strong process improvement experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven coaching and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal forms
- High lever user of MS office, especially Powerpoint, Excel and Visio
- Ability to map complex processes and identify improvements
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload in a pressurised environment
- Conscientious and reliable.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. Please insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
To apply please a complete the application form on the Linkedin page.