Student Finance Officer
Closing date for applications: 9 November 2016
To work with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth administration of all finance and account matters within the school.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible for and with whom you come into contact
- To work to resolve any queries students may have with their fees accounts
- To assist with the collection of student debt
- To process and accurately record transactions
- To count, reconcile and bank cash on a weekly basis
- To ensure your conduct promotes the security of cash within the college
- To assist the Finance Manager in ensuring student’ invoices and statement are up to date and accurate
- To assist the Finance Manager in processing invoices for payment
- To assist with procurement
- To liaise with students, parents, agents and colleagues in Head Office as appropriate
Qualifications & Training
- Preferably educated to A Level or equivalent standard with a good maths or accounting qualification.
- Preferably has experience of working in an accounts administration role and/or a school environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Is motivated to work with children and young people
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
- Is conscientious, reliable and completely trustworthy
- Demonstrates a diligent attitude to accurate record keeping.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, and all local Bellerbys Colleges policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply please send a completed application form to Sharon Treharne.