Closing date for applications: 9th September 2016
Study Group is looking for an enthusiastic SEO Specialist to join our talented digital marketing team located 3 minutes from Brighton Station.
This is a unique opportunity to work across all 35 our brands for this private international education group. You will help us take our SEO efforts to the next level to reach and engage an audience of students across the globe.
- Input into and execution of SEO strategy for global (UK, NA & ANZ) owned digital platforms including website and social properties with the goal of increasing traffic, qualified leads and ultimately NSEs YAGO
- Be the digital marketing team’s go to person for SEO knowledge and best practice for all global brands and broader digital platforms (e.g. YouTube, Instagram, YuKu)
- Staying on top of latest changes and trends in the industry for international target search engines (e.g. Google, Yandex, Naver, Baidu, Yahoo, Bing) and proactively sharing information
- Collaborate ongoing with key SEO stakeholders (marketing, social, web dev, creative services) to ensure that all content generation complies with best practice search optimisation principles from commissioning through to deployment
- Develop prioritisation list to ensure content gaps are filled to support universal search opportunity and back links are reviewed and developed
- Manage briefing of localisation requirements to ensure local language organic search demand is captured
- Set up and analyse key SEO KPIs on a monthly basis to track performance YAGO to drive performance improvements
- Collaborate with and support agency relationships, where required.
- Work with Web Dev to develop web properties and ensure best practice technical
- SEO principles are front of mind from inception through to redevelopment
- Benchmark our competitive SEO position
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Welfare, Safeguarding and Prevent, and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, and all local Embassy Centres' policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Qualifications & Training:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in marketing or business discipline
- Proficiency in Web analytics and IT tools
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Demonstrable experience in role responsible for search engine optimisation or a variety of digital activities
- Proven track record in lead-generation and working within a multi-channel environment
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- The ability to think globally, along with strong business and commercial acumen
- Building relationships and the ability to communicate and influence across a matrix organisation and all levels internally and externally
- Solid numeric, analytical and quantitative ability
- Results orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on marketing outcomes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong decision making and problem solving ability with well-developed negotiation skills
- First rate organisational, prioritisation and project management skills
- Professional maturity, energy and enthusiasm
Salary: Up to 28k
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply to this job via the Linkedin job advert with a covering letter (including salary expectations, right to work in the UK & notice period) along with your cv. Applications to be made directly, no agencies have been engaged.
Initial screenings will take place via skype/telephone. Reference and DBS checks will be required at offer stage.