Closing date for applications: 12 December 2016
Reporting to the Digital Delivery Team Leader, the Senior Developer is a specialist technical role within the Global IT team. The role maintains and enhances a range of websites, applications and services in the StudyGroup IT environment. The role collaborates with other developers, Business Analysts, Marketing professionals and 3rd Party specialists to deliver digital solutions driving engagement with students, partners and key stakeholders.
- Maintain and support existing websites and applications
- Design and develop new websites, applications, and services
- Extending and developing integrations between web applications, Sitecore CMS, Salesforce CRM, and a variety of other applications and services, both internal and external
- Maintain system usability, perform upgrades and improve efficiency by taking advantage of new features released by Sitecore, Salesforce, Microsoft, and other platform vendors
- Deliver or assist in projects as agreed with the Steering Group and Change Control Board
- Capture and document both functional and technical requirements
- Produce high quality software meeting the needs of the business
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Deliver software to agreed timeframes and quality benchmarks
- Document solutions and maintenance processes
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor Degree in an IT discipline preferred
- Demonstrate at least 5 years commercial experience.
- Broad experience of the full software development cycle.
- Experience of developing and delivering solutions to deadline and budget, using a combination of in-house and off the shelf software.
- Excellent skills in software development:
- SQL, MS SQL Server
- Software prototyping
Conversant in the following technologies a definite advantage:
- Experience of enterprise grade CMS, in particular Sitecore 8+
- Query, Knockout.js, Underscore.js, Bootstrap framework
- Salesforce, Salesforce API
- Online payment systems, Global Collect API
- Git, TFS
- Continuous deployment (Octopus deploy), continuous integration (Team City)
- Systems integration and data transformation
- RabbitMQ messaging broker
- Dell Boomi integration platform as a service
- Great communicator
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Service-orientated mind-set
- Action orientation, with a pragmatic approach to design
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply please complete the application form on the Linkedin page.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. Insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.