Permanent English and Academic Skills Tutor
Closing date for applications: 12th September 2016
- To deliver high quality teaching to groups of international students
- To undertake marking and feedback provision on a formative and summative basis, whilst complying with quality standards and processes.
- To act as a Module Leader in relevant subject areas, including coordinating a team of tutors and preparing detailed schemes of work.
- To teach up to a maximum of 12 hours per week (teaching contact time)
- To act as a personal tutor to provide academic and pastoral support to students
- To ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms
- To deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set assessments and mark these in a timely manner
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of student attendance and assessment grades
- To make every effort to secure the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments
- To contribute to the preparation of mid and end of term reports on and for students
- Provide cover where necessary
- To attend and contribute to staff meetings and Assessment Boards, where necessary.
- To keep up the date with developments in academic teaching and skills including the use of e-learning resources
- To work in a collegial fashion and foster productive relations with other members of staff
- To be responsible for creating and updating teaching materials
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Head of Centre
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply please send the completed application form to Christina Roberts, Head of Centre: CRoberts@studygroup.com