Marketing Insights and Product Strategy Manager
Closing date for applications: 06 January 2017
Marketing Insights and Product Strategy Manager
- Brings internal and external market data to life providing actionable insight to drive interest and desire in our chosen source markets.
- Manages all marketing product development and research projects for UKE markets.
- Working closely with UKE leadership team, Head of Product & Portfolio Management and Heads of Marketing
- Plan and manage the market research and insight programme, produce reports, make recommendations and communicate findings to all stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships and input to the projects of the Global Product Strategy and Market Insight Teams. Understand their findings making recommendations on how these findings should be executed.
- Provide timely data gathering (internal and external) and actionable trend analysis to the UKE Marketing Team for international study centres (ISCs) and Bellerbys.
- Identify and communicate key competitor trends including product changes, market strategy and tactical promotions. Support Marketing teams to understand the evidence about Study Group differentiators and how this might be included in marketing campaigns.
- Develop ongoing processes for key insights for inclusion into powerful product marketing materials, and for use by our Agents with their prospective students
- Strong focus and involvement in managing new product development and innovation pipeline, reviewing business objectives with relevant internal stakeholders in order to develop, manage and execute the UKE product management strategy.
- Conduct internal business analysis to identify problems, create feasible solutions by partnering with different stakeholders & implement the solutions through project streams
- Project manage all product integration, launches and/or changes throughout implementation stages.
- Engage with Finance and other internal teams to deliver margin analysis, industry/market research, positioning, viability, and profitability.
- Create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal teams to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately.
- Own and lead meetings focused on product management including UKE product portfolio reviews, new product development and product changes / updates.
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre and post product launch/changes.
- Manage annual research and product development budget.
- Input to annual budget.
- Based in London with frequent visits to Brighton (UK&E Head Office) & other locations across UK & Europe where our brands are located
Qualifications & Training
- Degree education preferably in business, marketing and / or qualitative/qualitative research methods.
- Experience of operating in an international or global organisation.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience analysing complex quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources and using this to create actionable insight.
- Use of statistical techniques to predict trends based upon historical data and economic influences.
- Extensive experience of working in a market research and regularly presenting insight to senior management and driving new product development.
- Experience of product development and product management
- Strong commercial awareness and judgement.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to prioritise objectively, balancing short-term demands with long-term strategy.
- A completer/finisher focused on particular task with excellent attention to detail and right first time mindset.
- Highly organised and forward looking.
- Forward thinking recognising potential risks and taking action to address before they are realised; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Clear and compelling communicator.
- Builds strong relationships with senior colleagues and able to influence in a professional and mature way. Leverages network across the business to deliver results.
Why join Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Study Group operates own colleges and partners with leading universities across UK, Europe, North America and Australasia. Every year our global recruitment teams enrol over 63,000 students from 170 countries. University partners trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence. For more information, visit www.studygroup.com
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Interested applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 6th January 2017.