Closing date for applications: 24 February 2017
Hours: Mon - Fri 11am – 8pm (40hrs per week)
We are looking for a kitchen porter to join our weekend catering team. Ideal candidate must have high standards of cleaning and be methodical and organised. Flexibility and a good team ethic are essential as you will be working within a small team and you may need to help in any area of the canteen as directed by the shift leader.
Meals on duty and uniform will be provided plus 28 days holiday per annum pro rata.
- Washing up manually and with the dishwasher
- Keeping the porter area clean, tidy and organised
- Keeping all equipment organised and stored correctly
- Assisting with general cleaning in the kitchen and canteen area
- Assisting with deliveries and store duties
- Any other general cleaning/portering tasks as required
- Some basic food preparation and till/counter service when required
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Welfare, Safeguarding and Prevent, and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply, please send C.V. and covering letter to Elizabeth De Cort: email@example.com