Kitchen Assistant full time (Maternity cover)
Closing date for applications: 23 December 2016
Hours: Mon - Fri (40 hours per week)
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our catering team to assist the in the preparation and service of food.
- Preparation and service of home cooked meals for the students and staff of the college
- Serving on the hot counter as and when required
- Keeping the kitchen and work areas clean and organised
- Adhering to strict food hygiene and health and safety procedures at all times
- Assisting with any general kitchen duties as required
- Assisting with any cleaning or portering duties as and when required
Ideal candidate needs to have basic food prep knowledge, high standards of cleaning and be methodical and organised. You need to be a good team player and good communication skills are a must as you will be conversing with customers from all over the world and providing information with regard to our food offer. A basic food hygiene certificate and kitchen experience would be an advantage
Meals on duty and uniform will be provided plus 28 days holiday per annum pro rata.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to Elizabeth De Cort: firstname.lastname@example.org