Closing date for applications: 02 January 2017
Tutor to teach IELTS to Level 3 International Foundation Year (FY) to carry out the main functions of the post and report to the Head of English with any problems encountered in carrying out these responsibilities.
- Part-time (6 hours per week) 1-2 days; Fixed Term variable, term time only.
- Holiday allocation - 6 weeks (30 days) per year (or pro rata).
- Tenure initially for 5 months
- Must hold a relevant teaching qualification.
- To assist the English language IELTS teaching for the International Foundation Year course at the Istituto Marangoni (IM) International Study Centre (ISC)
- To assist the Head of English to review and revise the syllabus, as necessary, and contribution to this process, including the preparation of course materials
- To contribute to the writing of course materials and assessments that is produced centrally and overseen by the ISC’s English coordinator/Head of English
- To teach a minimum of 3 hours a week and follow the requirements of the teaching role in terms of monitoring student attendance, punctuality and progress, setting and marking assignments and contributing to student reports
- To keep up to date with developments in IELTS and English language teaching
- To work with the Head of English and FY Programme Leader to identify and facilitate learning opportunities to support students’ successful progression to Istituto Marangoni Masters programmes
- To assist the Head of English and FY Programme Leader in continuously improving the student experience
- To contribute to maintaining academic standards on ISC programmes
- To coordinate the inputting, recording and publishing of students’ English results using the Centre Administrators’ systems
- To undertake peer teaching observations at least once in an academic year and to provide observation reports for the Head of Centre for use in staff appraisals.
- A Delta or Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline (essential)
- Experience of teaching IELTS to international students (essential)
- Working within a creative learning environment (desirable).
The Istituto Marangoni International Study Centre is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Please apply with a completed application form to Joe Gowdridge.