Closing date for applications: 13 January 2017
5/7 Days 40 hours per week
Study Group is a global education company based in Brighton. Our flagship Study Centre is a large international private education facility in the centre of the city. We are looking for an exceptional Head Chef to join our team to be responsible for overseeing the production of innovative and healthy fresh food - delivered to a consistently high standard to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services, grab & go hospitality and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up to 5000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for either a Head Chef or strong Senior Sous who will take ownership of the kitchen and be instrumental in the development of our food offering, with a passion to drive quality fresh food and innovation. Importantly you’ll need to be a pro-active and confident leader able to train, motivate and lead the established team.
The successful applicant will be highly versed in Food Safety, HACCP, COSSH and Health and Safety and be dedicated to exceptional standards in this area
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in Kitchen operations as a Head Chef or Strong Senior Sous preferably within education/contract catering
- Strong craft background able to innovate and maintain high standards across the offer including hot food service, grab & go, salad bar, buffets etc. Experience and strong interest in International food is desirable
- Proven team leadership and people management skills with the ability to train and motivate a large diverse team
- Excellent communicator with an exemplary professional approach able to build relationships with various stakeholders around the college
- Organised and pro-active with a dedication to exceptional standards of practice within Food hygiene and Health & Safety legislation
- Sound financial acumen with sound knowledge of products and costing both commercial and cost per head
- It literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and recipe management software an advantage
- Catering qualifications to NVQ level 4/Advanced Food Hygiene or equivalent experience
In return we offer excellent working hours, competitive salary, company pension scheme (after one’s year service) and commitment to training and development of staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send CV and covering letter to Elizabeth De Cort: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th January 2017