Global Sales Director (Direct Sales)
Closing date for applications: 22nd August 2016
Rarely available senior sales opportunity in an international setting based in Brighton 2 minutes from the Station.
This role will lead the Direct Sales team for this Global Education Group. Key to this role is the achievement and delivery of new student enrolment and profit goals for the portfolio of Higher education across all Products globally.
Location: Brighton (preferred) or Singapore
- Global NSE responsibility and recognition for Direct Sales
- Lead the development and execution of a global direct sales strategy
- Identify growth opportunities to achieve global NSEs targets
- Drive healthy pipeline creation with Business Development team (future) and Marketing (Central and Digital Marketing) team and not limited to new lead source identification and creation
- Manage global direct sales budget and oversee successful achievement of global targets
- Monitor global competitor activity to gain in market competitor awareness and informed analysis
- Identify market prospects and develop or enhance relationships with key market organisations (government and commercial) leading to sales and/or a raised profile for SG products.
- Manage local legal entities infrastructure, including annual reporting / compliance with local authority requirements.
- Align the team with the Company mission, vision, values and strategy; clearly articulate the Company business goals/plans and initiatives, ensure they are translated into action through performance goals setting, regular cascade/communication and feedback processes.
- Drive a high performance and coaching culture; provide ongoing and appropriate support, coaching, and development to enable their successful achievement of their objectives; energize through positive reinforcement and by acting as a solid role model.
- Promote SG branding and customer value proposition, ensure that the in-market organization represents brand values and is recognized as our Partner’s pathways provider of choice.
- Comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Workplace Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
- The role will include significant interaction with the individual Operating Divisions, Distribution Channels and the Corporate Team, as well as with clients globally.
- It is anticipated there will be occasional requirements for travel.
Qualifications & Training:
- Tertiary educated (preferably in Business and/or Marketing)
- Fluency in English, and ideally a second language
- CRM knowledge, preferably salesforce.com
- Substancial demonstrable experience in sales and marketing ideally with exposure to an international education context
- A commercially savvy leader with a successful track record in delivering results through management of indirect sales.
- Experience leading a team in building and familiar with direct sales process; proactive in recognising customers’ business requirements
- Experience in leading sales, budgets and projects within a global marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace and the challenges within this industry
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change and the ability to lead a team through change
- Leading and developing a high performance team with the ability to lead teams in a global, matrix environment
- Building relationships and the ability to influence across all levels of the organizations both internally and externally
- Strong business and commercial acumen, analytical and quantitative ability
- Result orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes
- The ability to think globally, Innovative and creative, ability to think out of the box
- Strong sales planning ability around developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans for a portfolio of customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional maturity and enthusiasm
Please apply via this advert with a covering letter (including salary expectations, right to work in the UK & notice period) along with your cv. Applications to be made directly, no agencies.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Applications to be made directly via the Linkedin advert, no agencies.