Closing date for applications: 03 February 2017
International Education Group seeking Financial Analyst fluent in Excel.
Based 3 minutes from Brighton Station the successful candidate will provide support to the Head of Management Information and FP&A team, in order to deliver effective business partnering, planning and analysis across the UK Higher Education (HE) division. This includes management reporting, budgeting and forecasting and analysis for decision support.
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Excel modelling to support the financial evaluation of new initiatives and business proposals
- Work with the Financial Control team to ensure a smooth and accurate month end close
- Preparation/distribution of other budget holder monthly reports and dealing with queries from budget holders
- Support the FP&A team to provide robust, accurate and consistent KPI reporting across UKHE.
- Ad hoc modelling and analysis to aid strategic decision making including 3 year plan process, and ISC strategic review process.
- Supporting reviews of continuous process improvements and ideas sharing across the team
- Drive discussions with some of the centres around month end results and future plans. Supporting two way discussions on the data and developing relationships.
- Provide support and ad hoc analysis to FP&A team
- Production of robust excel budgets and forecast models for a range of centres in our Higher Education network. Maintenance of these models to reflect changes to the underlying operations of the business
- Preparation/loading of non-financial data including student volumes/weeks and New Student Enrolments on a monthly basis
- Gather and analyse data to understand trends for the future years
- Responsible for loading all budget and forecast data (financial and non-financial) to finance system and reconciling results to ensure this has been done accurately
- Develop strong relationship with financial control team and key budget holder contacts in the UK HE centres to provide an excellent business partnering service
Qualifications & Training
Graduate or Undertaking/looking to undertake a recognised accounting qualification
Previous management reporting and financial analysis experience
Ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial staff
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Working knowledge of accounting systems
- Strong Excel and data manipulation
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. You can insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
Applications to be made directly via this advert please. No agencies.
The interview process will include a practical test to assess Excel skills.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.