Closing date for applications: 17 March 2017
Hours 08:30 – 17:00
(Note: This is not a full-time position, but varies according to exam timetables)
Bellerbys College Oxford is currently recruiting Examinations Invigilators to work as part of the exams invigilation team to ensure the examination series / examination sessions are conducted in accordance with examining body awards policies and procedures. We are looking for dedicated individuals with A-level or equivalent level of education to be responsible for delivering the examinations and providing support for other tasks as required. Candidates must be well-organised, reliable, trustworthy, flexible, methodical, authoritative yet approachable and able to command the respect of a large group of candidates.
The successful applicants must have experience of basic administration procedures and have good communication skills. Previous experience of exam invigilation and/or working with examination boards would be an advantage. Successful applicants will be required to attend initial training and future refresher training sessions for examination invigilation as required.
- Assisting with setting-up the examination venue by laying out stationery, desk labels, security posters and covering visual aids in accordance with JCQ guidelines
- Welcoming candidates in a friendly manner and directing them to their seats
- Advising candidates about possessions permitted inside the exam room
- Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination venues
- Compliance at all times to the strictest security and confidentiality concerning live examination materials
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures
- Checking attendance during examinations and noting any incorrect candidate details
- Recording toilet breaks, early leavers and collecting scripts from early leavers
- Escorting candidates to and from the lavatory and checking the facility afterwards
- Collecting and collating scripts at the end of each module in accordance with strict procedures
- Ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the test room and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner
- Ad hoc tasks requested by the Exams Officer on the exam date, e.g. assistance with prep and replenishment of invigilators exam boxes, prep for next day exam sessions etc
- Flexibility to work in a team and tackle issues as they arise.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send Completed application form, CV and covering letter to Jennie Smart, Exams Officer.
Application deadline 12 noon Friday 17th March