Estates and Office Assistant
Closing date for applications: 13 January 2017
- To assist the Health and Safety Manager with administration, co-ordination and organisation functions
- To assist the Estates Director, Head of Property and Facilities team with administration, co-ordination and organisation functions
- To assist the Facilities Manager with administration, co-ordination and organisation of the site Head Office building.
Full time 37.5 hours Mon – Fri, 9am – 5.30pm
Some flexibility to offer slightly reduced (pro-rata) hours and/or hours within a
Mon – Fri, 8am – 6pm range
- Request and collate H&S, Estates and Facilities information from various business areas as needed
- Assist the H&S, Estates and Facilities team with the generation of business reports
- Management of the H&S Enquiries Email Inbox
- Management of documents, records and data within H&S, Estates and Facilities filing systems
- Assist with the creation and administration of H&S, Estates and Facilities management databases
- Administer a system of Facilities contractor pre-use selection and approval
- Administer the H&S Budget and make financially astute purchases where requested
- Administer spend on the Estates team credit card
- Assist the Estates team with organisation of any events
- Assist the Estates team in identifying suitable potential suppliers of H&S and property services
- Organise and take Minutes at Estates meetings and produce / distribute Minutes accordingly
- Administer an on-line H&S training programme and manage user needs
- Administer the issue of DSE User bespoke equipment
- Collate, record and report on H&S Incident data
- Administration of the Parking Lottery
- Promotion of Estates team activities
- Some office management duties, plus office organisation and launch of office initiatives, being the local point of contact for office H&S and facilities needs, taking on lead office H&S roles
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the H&S Manager or Estates Director
- Carry out other reasonable administration / assistance requests made by the Facilities team.
Additional skills / responsibilities
Qualifications & Training
- A good level of English and Maths competence, ideally evidenced by qualification.
- Qualification(s) in Administration
- Qualification(s) in Office Management.
- Administrative work
- Business reporting
- Use of Information/Data Management Systems
- Office support.
- An administration function within a large and diverse organisation
- Office management
- H&S management
- Facilities management.
- Very capable in the use of computer software systems: Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- An interest in H&S in the workplace.
- Highly organised, in terms of both personal approach and work delivery
- Able to effectively manage competing deadlines and suitably prioritise
- Able to produce professional, accurate work, with good attention to detail
- Clear and concise (effective) communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to make financially sensible decisions
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient
- Able to integrate well within a team and be team focused
- Be personable and able to elicit co-operation
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to H&S in the workplace
- Able to receive and handle sensitive or private information professionally.
The position holder must comply with applicable laws and Study Group policies in relation, but not limited to: Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the role and authority of the job holder.
To apply, please send CV and completed application form to Amie Plummer.