Closing date for applications: 28 November 2016
The individual appointed will have the opportunity to teach on our English Language Preparation Programme (ELPP), International Foundation Year (IFY), Pre-sessional and In-sessional EAP programmes. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the on-going development of our programmes.
Main duties of this role will be: to develop materials and deliver student-centred lessons incorporating opportunities for developing independent learning skills; to provide learner support; to evaluate learning through a range of assessment methods, and to keep up to date records as required by LUISC.
- To contribute to teaching, materials development and assessments on ELPP, IFY, and Pre-sessional and In-sessional programmes
- To ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms
- To follow schemes of work as determined by Head of English, and to deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework and provide formative feedback to learners
- To maintain up to date records of student attendance, homework marks and test scores
- To secure the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments
- To contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students
Qualifications and Training
- First degree (Upper Second or First in an appropriate subject area)
- Certificate TESOL/CELTA qualification
- MA. TESOL or equivalent and/ or DELTA (Desirable)
- Teaching EAP at FE/HE Level or above (NQF level 3, FHEQ 4)
- Experience of teaching international Students
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Further Education Sector in the UK (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Higher Education Sector in the UK (Desirable)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send your application form and any enquiries to Lynn Wilson, Head of English.