Closing date for applications: 24 July 2017
International Education Group (for profit) is looking for a Digital Developer.
We offer a pleasant working environment in our purpose built offices near Brighton Station subsidised canteen, local and national employee discounts for a range of retailers and suppliers, travel loans, child care vouchers, company pension after a year, employee referral (worth £500), assistance & recognition schemes.
Reporting to the Digital Delivery Team Leader, the Digital Developer is a specialist technical role within the Global IT team. The role maintains and enhances a range of websites in the Study Group online portfolio. The role collaborates with other developers, Business Analysts, Marketing professionals and 3rd Party specialists to deliver digital solutions driving engagement with students, partners and key stakeholders.
- Maintain, support and test new and existing websites and applications
- Ensure cross-browser and standards compliant front-end code
- Deliver best practice implementation to ensure great SEO
- Creating front-end components that integrate with back-end systems (JQuery / AJAX)
- Deliver or assist in projects as agreed with the Steering Group and Change Control Board
- Produce high quality software meeting the needs of the business
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Deliver software to agreed timeframes and quality benchmarks
- Document solutions and maintenance processes
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor Degree in an IT discipline preferred
- Demonstrate at least 3 years’ commercial front-end web development experience.
- Familiarity with one or more commercially available CMS platforms, preferably Sitecore.
- Experience of developing and delivering solutions to deadline and budget, using a combination of in-house and off the shelf software.
- General administration of CMS, and applying front end changes within a CMS environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- ASP.net (C#), WebForms, MVC, WebAPI
- Bootstrap, Knockout, Angular an advantage
- Experience with building or consuming web services and APIs
- Microsoft web platform experience (Windows Server / IIS)
- Source code repositories (e.g. TFS, Git)
- Web Accessibility / Standards Compliance
- Cross browser web development
- Service-orientated mind-set
- Action orientation, with a pragmatic approach to design
- Great communicator
- Friendly and enthusiastic
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Please apply via LinkedIn with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. You can insert your cover letter above your CV to enable you to send all the information required in one document. No agencies please.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
Application deadline 24 July 2017