Closing date for applications: 17 February 2017
Study Group is seeking two enthusiastic Content Producers to join our lively in-house creative agency, Creative Services. You’ll be joining a skilled creative team and be responsible for compelling, authentic multi-channel content for our consumer and business platforms.
The job is varied and fast-paced so you’ll need to learn quickly and thrive on a challenge: some days you’ll be creating content for new product launches, other days you’ll be out on photo shoots, working with our Marketing teams on digital campaigns, or crafting beautifully written copy for our print materials. A flexible and self-motivated approach is required, along with a passion, drive and eagerness for outstanding creative and commitment to education.
- To deliver creative copy that attracts international students to Study Group’s higher education global brands in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Develop and manage optimised website and blog content for Study Group’s global brands, following SEO, UX and device-specific best practice
- Write, edit and proofread brochures, websites and other marketing assets such as ads, event banners, posters, flyers and landing pages
- Create engaging, on-brand copy for pitches, partner launches, presentations and campaigns across digital platforms and print materials
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing and Digital Marketing to execute content strategy, creating content against Sales and Marketing plans, and delivering campaigns on time
- Pitch creative projects and brand ideas to continually move our content forward
- Interpret a wide range of product information and distil the key facts needed to create copy that is easy to understand
- Work to precise partner brand guidelines, on a variety of projects, simultaneously
- Advise colleagues in Marketing on best copy practice, including copy for campaign headlines, taglines and email marketing
- Monitor Google Analytics, implement goals and suggest opportunities to improve website content based on data
- Direct video and photo shoots, with some UK travel occasionally required
- Interview students, teachers, alumni and staff to produce compelling stories
- Edit testimonial transcripts, provide feedback on video testimonials
- Direct freelancers and web editors working on creative projects
- To develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships company-wide, with partner organisations and external agencies
- Conduct regular website audits to ensure relevant messaging and QAA compliance, implementing changes efficiently and effectively to ensure content accuracy
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry and creative best practice, sharing examples with colleagues and contributing to a culture of sharing and collaboration
Essential skills and qualifications
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, such as journalism, media or English
- Outstanding copywriting and editing skills
- Experience of creating content for print and digital channels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An eye for detail and a flair for creativity
- Experience of building strong professional relationships at all levels
- A self-motivated, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Strong time management and organisation abilities
- Familiarity with a range of digital technologies and platforms, including content management systems, image editing software and photo libraries
- Experience of writing for SEO and understanding of best practice
- Tenacity and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML
- A strong team player with a good sense of humour
Desirable skills and experience
- Media production
- An understanding of the higher education sector
- Experience writing for audiences for whom English is a second language
- Some knowledge of marketing principles
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate pre-employment checks within these guidelines. All successful applicants will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This is a full time role based in Brighton. Some travel, within the UK and beyond, may occasionally be required.
To apply please provide a CV and cover letter to Danielle Colyer, Head of Content at DColyer@studygroup.com outlining your experience and suitability for the role, along with examples of your work.
Applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be able to contact successful candidates.