Application Support Specialist
Closing date for applications: 15th September 2016
Study Group, a renowned global education company, is seeking an enthusiastic, well organised individual with excellent communication skills and Application Support experience to join its IT team in the role of Application Support Specialist.
The successful applicant will require methodical problem solving ability and will need to be proficient in working with applications. Strong customer service, documentation creation and troubleshooting skills are essential, whilst offering a range of support to our staff and students from user support through to contacting software vendors with technical issues through to resolution.
- Strong communication skills are essential to deal with a range of stakeholders from internal staff / project managers / business users and external vendors to help resolve issues
- Experience of application support in other (or similar) industries
- Monitoring progress of tickets and ensuring that users and other interested parties are informed
- The ability to identify, document and manage issues with the applications which includes proposing resolutions to the project teams
- At least 2 years’ experience in the IT industry in a similar / equivalent role
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Monitor and respond appropriately to all application support requests received via the Service Desk
- Familiarity of help desk / service desk tools and processes including ServiceNow
- Some familiarity of Team Foundation Server
- Build specialist knowledge of all StudyGlobal applications
- Ensure requests are dealt with within agreed service levels
- Identify trends in application support requests and recommend remedial action to address these trends
- Generate a knowledge base of user guides, FAQs, eLearning and other training materials and updated where appropriate or required
- Must have permission to work in UK
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Welfare, Safeguarding and Prevent, and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
A full job description is available on request. To apply, please send completed application form to Theresa Almeida Silva: TAlmeidaSilva@studygroup.com