Quality Assessment Officer
Closing date for applications: 29 May 2017
The International Relationships Team within the Brand Marketing and Recruitment Division of The University of Western Australia (UWA) recruits high quality international students to the University through effective, engagement with internal and external stakeholders, many of whom are located in South Asia.
The Quality Assessment Officers (QAOs) in collaboration with the Regional Manager, South Asia and UWA’s International Relationships Manager, will represent UWA in identified areas of South Asia primarily to assist with application pre-assessment of prospective students, critical to compliance and quality control. The Quality Assessment Officers will also be responsible for agent training of UWA programs, entry requirements and conditions of enrolment.
- Improve the retention rates of Indian students undertaking study at UWA so they are consistent with international students from other regions. (Over 90%)
- Undertake pre-application assessment of international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework applications for admission, including: GTE assessment, qualifications assessments, English Language competency assessments before submission to the Admissions team
- Verify document authenticity of a range of documents including: academic transcripts, English Language test results and proof of citizenship; this may involve emails, phone calls or a person to person interview
- Ensure the quality of application documents submitted to the Admissions team
- Research and provide recommendations to the Admissions team on equivalent overseas qualifications relating to South Asia
- Provide information and recommendations to the International Relationship Manager and the Admissions team in relation to processing of applications
- Provide relevant market intelligence on trends and changes in the South Asia market to inform the South Asia engagement strategy, recruitment and marketing plans
- Assist the Regional Manager with:
- Performance management of agents
- Provision of detailed training on UWA courses, admissions processes, entry and compliance requirements
- Act as a conduit between the agent, Agent Support Team and the relevant Admissions staff at UWA
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in UWA, Perth and South Asia
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with government and ministry bodies offering scholarship/ articulation/MOU opportunities
- Represent UWA as required
- Undertake other duties as directed by the University
Experience and Skills Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Experience in working with Australian education providers and advising prospective students wanting to study overseas, and knowledge of Australian visa conditions and the ESOS Act
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Australian higher education systems and qualification frameworks and the ability to use this knowledge to assess qualifications against university entry requirements
- Highly developed organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Highly developed communication skills, which includes proficiency in a range of computing skills such as: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Gemma Barber, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Application deadline 29 May 2017