Student Services Manager
Closing date for applications: 22 November 2016
Provide administrative support in all matters pertaining to Student Services including finance, accommodations and activities. Ensure superior customer service for all clients; manage accurate and complete student files; support all booking and post arrival transactions where necessary.
Manage the Student Services department:
- Oversee the daily operations of the Student Services office.
- Manage Student Services staff.
- Oversee petty cash and office supply ordering.
- Deliver friendly, efficient and professional customer service to students.
- Provide general student support services, including local and travel information, help with bank accounts, flight confirmations, ID cards, log-in IDs and passwords, etc.
- Resolve or refer student problems and queries to Study Group colleagues as appropriate.
- Assist with weekly student inductions.
- Ensure correct collection and allocation of payments.
- Liaise with Direct Sales on direct student debt collection.
- Oversee outstanding student debt report, and take appropriate measures to collect as necessary.
- Manage post-arrival course changes, ensuring accurate information is entered into student database.
- Ensure completeness of student immigration records, addresses, emergency contacts, etc. in student database.
- Manage activity program, housing, and airport transfers as required.
- Prepare for student arrivals: liaise with IAC to ensure accurate arrival information for incoming students.
- Provide tours and information for walk-in and phone inquiries.
- Provide current students with necessary information to encourage extensions and upgrades.
- Assist Center Director with managing local agent relationships.
- Group Liaison: obtain quotes for trips, accommodation and transfers.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in academia
- 1 year managerial experience
- Problem solving abilities
- Cultural awareness / sensitivity
- Ability to multi task and prioritize assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Office and IT skills – Word, Excel, databases, ability to troubleshoot software / tech issues
- Financial acumen
- Strong administrative skills
- Passion for customer service
- Sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) preferred
- Study abroad experience preferred
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply please a complete the application form.