Recruitment Manager, North America
Closing date for applications: 12th September 2016
The Recruitment Manager-North America will achieve student enrolment goals from the portfolio of recruitment agents and secondary schools to Study Group’s partner universities and International Study Centres.
This role will manage depth relationships with Key Partners, contributing to their sales strategy and team leadership. The role owns responsibility for the service experience and delivery and profitability of these clients.
- Development & execution of region/country direct and partner sales plan in collaboration with Regional Director -Americas
- Primary point of contact for all recruitment agent and private secondary school counsellors’ program inquiries, provide prompt and clear responses which maximise leads
- Meet quarterly and annual recruitment/sales targets of international student enrolments in university programs
- Travel to private secondary schools and recruitment agencies to recruit international students (primarily from Asia) within the US and Canada to recruit students into Study Group’s partner universities.
- Advise international students on the study options within the Study Group North American Higher Education portfolio.
- Build and manage database of recruitment agencies and high school counsellors in North America
Conduct trainings for recruitment agencies on partner universities, ensure timely agent commission.
- Manage agent spend to ensure that the ‘cost- to-serve’ is at a productive level
- Manage agent network with a focus on depth of relationship, ensuring adherence to SLAs and improved agent satisfaction.
- Monitor competitor activity enabling greater in market competitor awareness and analysis.
- Identify agent growth opportunities and risk profile – active management of Account Plan.
Identify, select and on-board new agents
- Develop implement and manage Account Plan to support Partners achievement of NSE targets.
- Identify and recommend new agents and new recruitment opportunities
- Align with the Company mission, vision, values and strategy and ensure they are translated into action through performance goals, communication and feedback processes.
- Comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Workplace Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
- Serve as country representative for SG in the designated country; ensuring day-to-day operations maintain alignment with overall corporate policy, strategy and direction, including compliance with local legal regulation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Management of day to day operations. Resolve issues on strategic, technical, commercial, operational and personnel which impact customer service and performance in the country
- Produce business performance reports in line with the operating rhythm
- Lead client facing activities and oversee all NSE recruitment activities in the country
- Drive initiatives to improve operational efficiency via process, people or practical measures to raise the bar on business performance delivery.
The role will include significant interaction with the individual Operating Divisions, Distribution Channels and the Corporate Team, as well as with clients globally.
Domestic and occasional international travel.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Welfare, Safeguarding and Prevent, and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, and all local Embassy Centres' policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Fluency in a foreign language, Mandarin Chinese preferred
- CRM knowledge, preferably salesforce.com
- US passport holder and a driver's license
- 5+ years recent experience in international education
- 3+ years of experience in international sales and marketing ideally with exposure to the international recruitment agency model
- 3+ years of experience working with ESL students
- Experience nurturing customer relationships and working proactively to recognise customers’ business requirements
- Experience in managing sales, budgets and projects within a marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace and the challenges within this industry
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change and the ability to work with a team through change
- The ability to lead teams in a global, matrix environment
- Building relationships and the ability to influence across all levels of the organizations both internally and externally
- Sensitivity to the needs of secondary school staff that support international students.
- Has good business and commercial acumen, analytical and quantitative ability
- Result orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes
- The ability to think globally and with creative solutions
- Strong sales planning ability around developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans for a portfolio of customers
- Decision making, problem solving with strong negotiation skills
- Professional maturity and enthusiasm
Please apply to this job via the Linkedin job advert with a cover letter (including salary expectations, right to work in the US & notice period) along with your CV. Applications to be made directly, no agencies have been engaged.