Commercial Finance Manager
Closing date for applications: 17 November 2016
Based in either Brighton or New York (relocation assistance not available, although there will be travel to New York if based in Brighton), you will have sole responsibility for FP&A activity within our Higher Education North America division, which is headquartered in New York. This division operates partnerships with nine Universities to prepare international students for undergraduate and graduate courses at those universities.
The NA business generates approximately £20m in turnover but is operating in a growth market where we are targeting adding a number of new partnerships every year. The HENA management team are geographically spread around the United States.
- Lead the annual planning process as well as quarterly forecasts inclusive of volumes, revenue/costs – EBITDA and related working capital
- Lead completion of all monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting, analysis and related presentations
- Present quarterly business reviews to CFO, CEO, Finance Director and Managing Director
- Lead and track development of divisional budgets including but not limited to Marketing, Operations, Academics, Admissions, Business Development and all partner locations inside operating division
- Assist in managing the relationship with respect to financial matters with partner universities
- Work closely with financial control team to validate actual numbers reported
- Model new business development proposals to determine financial viability
- Assist in preparing new business sales pitches at prospective partner universities
- Prepare board deck presentations on new business proposals
- Travel with Business Development team as needed for new business proposals
- Gather and report quarterly KPIs to group FP&A for board presentations and use that KPI data to work with the business to drive performance
- Liaise with Sales monthly to track current pipeline and ensure revenue forecasts are accurate
- Work closely with divisional Managing Director and assist in the decision making process as the financial representative of the Senior Management Team
- Provide support from finance for all members of Senior Management Team (Academics, Marketing, Admissions, Operations, General Management, and Business Development)
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
Qualifications & Training
- Experienced Business Partner
- Able to critically question financial and non financial data
- Able to present data and narrative in a way that is easy to read and understand
- Confident self-starter, able to build relationships with people remotely
- Strives to provide best possible financial 'service' and support colleagues and partners
- Be prepared to travel to the US quarterly, if based in the UK
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton or New York (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK/US (you may wish to insert your cover letter above your cv to enable you to send all the information required in one document).
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply please a complete the application form on the Linkedin page.