Business Development Manager
Closing date for applications: 15th September 2016
Responsible for business development, account management, and establishing corporate relationships to increase student population and encourage retention. The primary objective of the role is to accurately represent SG to the corporate community in a professional and service-oriented manner. The position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The role must be able to increase and maintain positive awareness of the company within the governmental and corporate communities. Travel is required.
This position can be based in the following cities:
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
- Structure, negotiate and close strategic partnership agreements with SG corporate partners
- Work with Strategic Partnership team members to enrol students from partners, including those whose tuition benefits are managed by third parties
- Develop and deliver presentations to small and large groups
- Conduct education fairs, kick-off events, partner events, and any necessary events to build relationships with partners/potential partner and obtain leads
- Ability to gain detailed understanding of markets, segments, and segment organizations with a focus on identifying those entities which align with SG's strategic objectives
- Anticipate, research, and identify opportunities for promoting the company
- Conduct inbound and outbound communication for account management
- Provide detailed industry or company information for effective account management
- Develop, grow, and maintain lasting relationships with new and existing partners
- Able to multi-task and meet weekly deadlines
- Prepare activity reports for management review
- Stay apprised of current events within the markets while maintaining current and thorough knowledge of all programs, plus applicable regulatory, operational, and compliance guidelines of the industry and the company
- Conscientious and responsible with company resources including monthly expense allowance
- Responsive with timely internal and external communication
- Work collaboratively with other departments, as needed for the role
- Ensure meticulous execution of all projects and work, with data and content consistently accurate and well presented.
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem and conflict solving skills
- Team player
- Customer service oriented
Qualifications & Training
- BA/ BS degree required from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience
- Experience in higher education market and industry
- Business development and/or sales experience of non-tangible or service oriented items.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines
- Strong business acumen; the ability to recognize marketing and business development opportunities and to pursue them strategically
- Ability to quickly assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
- Must have proven results in business development preferably with large organizations
- Proven track record of producing measurable value to their department
- Both a self-starter and a team-player, able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of self-determination and motivation, with driving sense of responsibility, accountability, preparation, responsiveness and service
- Must be able to multi-task and meet weekly deadlines
- PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
To apply please complete the online application form and attach your CV and a cover letter.