Closing date for applications: 18 May 2017
We are looking to expand our team by adding a senior Business Development professional. This strategic role will be on the forefront of the continued expansion of this highly successful international education company across North America. Extensive travel is required therefore we invite candidates from any easily commutable areas of North America.
You will be responsible for business development, account management, and establishing university partnerships to increase international student enrollment. The primary objective of the role is to accurately represent Study Group to the education community in a professional and service-oriented manner, and to build new partnerships between Study Group and select university partners.
The position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The role must be able to increase partnerships and maintain positive awareness of the company within the governmental and higher education communities.
- Structure, negotiate and close strategic partnership agreements between SG and university partners
- Work across the most senior levels or a college or university; successfully interacting with university presidents, provosts and CFO’s
- Develop and deliver presentations to small and large groups, including the presentation of complex business models and heavily matrixes structures
- Ability to gain detailed understanding of markets, segments, and segment organizations with a focus on identifying those entities which align with SG's strategic objectives
- Anticipate, research, and identify opportunities for promoting the company
- Conduct inbound and outbound communication for account management
- Provide detailed industry or company information for effective account management
- Develop, grow, and maintain lasting relationships with new and existing partners
- Able to multi-task and meet weekly deadlines
- Prepare activity reports for management review and effectively manage the pipeline and be able to present that to senior management on an ongoing basis
- Stay apprised of current events within the markets while maintaining current and thorough knowledge of all programs, plus applicable regulatory, operational, and compliance guidelines of the industry and the company
- Conscientious and responsible with company resources including monthly expense allowance
- Ensure meticulous execution of all projects and work, with data and content consistently accurate and well presented
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem and conflict solving skills
- Team player
- Customer service oriented
- Qualifications & Training
- BA / BS degree required from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7+ years in business development calling on senior level college administrators
- Experience in higher education market and industry required
- Experience closing long term partnerships including establishing private/public partnerships and joint venture arrangements
- Business development and/or sales experience of non-tangible or service oriented items
- Through knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
To apply please respond directly to this LinkedIn advert
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the US. No agencies please.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.